The 12 Steps to Recovery from Government Addiction!
Sunday December 5th, 2021
1. We admitted we were powerless over our government and that our lives had became unmanageable!
2. We came to believe in a power greater than our government that could restore us to sanity!
3. We made a decision to turn our government over to a power greater than our government!
4 We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our our government!
5. We admitted to God to ourselves and another human being the exact nature of our government's wrongs!
6 Were entirely ready to have God remove all these government defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our government's shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons our government had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take our government's inventory and when they were wrong we forced them admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other government addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Tyrants preserve themselves by sowing fear and mistrust among the citizens by means of spies, by distracting them with foreign wars, by eliminating men of spirit who might lead a revolution, by humbling the people, and making them incapable of decisive action.
Ronald A. Blumenthal