Social Security and Medicare Costs and Economics
For Social Security to be financially sound, the federal government should have $100 trillion - a sum of money six-and-a-half times the size of our entire economy - in the bank and earning interest right now. But it doesn't. And while many believe that Social Security represents our greatest entitlement problem, Medicare is six times larger in terms of unfunded obligations.
No government can provide social security. It is not in the nature of government to be able to provide anything. Government itself is not self-supporting. It lives by taxation. Therefore, since it cannot provide for itself but by taking toll of what the people produce, how can it provide social security for the people?
But here's what I would tell people of my generation. I turn 40 this year. There isn't going to be a Social Security. There isn't going to be a Medicare when you retire. Forget about what your benefit is going to look like. There isn't going to be one if we don't make some reforms to save that program now.
Medicare will usher in federal programs that will invade every area of freedom as we have know it in this country.
Madoff's scam was small compared to Ponzi schemes the government itself runs: Social Security and Medicare.
Do we really want the people who created $40 trillion of unfunded liabilities in Social Security and Medicare in charge of our health care? Faceless bureaucrats, power-lusting politicians, and people spending other people's money are a recipe for disaster.
Counting obligations under Medicare and Social Security, the real debt of the United States is more than 10 times the reported national debt.
Hillary Clinton has pledged amnesty in her first 100 days, and her plan will provide Obamacare, Social Security, and Medicare for illegal immigrants, breaking the federal budget.
Thanks to decades of accumulated federal budget deficits and, more significantly, imprudent Medicare and Social Security policies, we've stolen almost $60 trillion from our children.
Indeed, I think most Americans now know that in 1935 when Social Security was created, there were some 42 Americans working for every American collecting retirement benefits.
The full retirement age is 67 and the lifespan is 80, so when they first conceived Social Security, they didn't think they were going to be paying benefits for 13-15 years. That's one of the reasons why this pyramid scheme isn't working.
- > Home
- > Books
- > China
- > Classified Ads
- > Computers
- > Contact
- > Economics
- > Fiat Money in a Rigged and Fake Capitalist US Economy 1913 to 2019!
- > Our Road To Economic Hell Was Paved For US With Good Intentions, Socialism
- > Who Let the Genie out of the Bottle America?
- > The Biased News Media!
- > War and The Collection and Dissemination of Information!
- > What Size Should the US Government be?
- > Slave Made Products Sold in America?
- > City of Hong Kong Protests Against Communist Chinese Rulers
- > The American Health Care Crisis
- > The American Pharmaceutical Rip Off
- > The Right To Use God's Plants for Pain
- > Freedom For All People
- > Who Has Legal Due Process in America?
- > The American Destroyers!
- > We Reap What We Sow America!
- > One Molecule Different Than Naure!
- > What Happens When Our Freedoms & Property Are Taken Away by Socialist Legislators?
- > American Sports Coliseums Paid For By US Taxpayers!
- > Education
- > Freedom & Liberty
- > Healthcare
- > Life
- > Music
- > News
- > Chain O' Lakes Video Tour
- > Chain O' Lakes in Fall
- > Chain O' Lakes in Winter
- > Chain O' Lakes in Spring
- > Chain O' Lakes in Summer
- > Deer On Columbia Lake Ice Video
- > Emmons Creek
- > Emmons Creek Video
- > Hartman Creek State Forest
- > Micelaneous Landscape Photos
- > Neon Lighted Beer Signs
- > Sunrising over Limekiln Lake
- > Radley & Murry Creeks
- > Sasha The Great! Photos & Videos
- > Sasha Running Laps Around Rock Garden
- > Sasha in Deep Snow Video!
- > Skunk & Foster Lake Trail Tour
- > Turkeys in Waupaca, WI Video
- > Sunrise & Sunset Photos
- > Waupaca Farm Photos
- > Waupaca or Tomorrow River
- > Politics
- > Pollution
- > Science
- > Theology
- > Waupaca WI Books
- > Waupaca Employment
- > Waupaca Entertainment
- > Waupaca Events
- > Waupaca, Gifts & Memorabilia
- > Waupaca Hotels, Motels, & Lodging
- > Waupaca Maps
- > Waupaca Menominee Indian History
- > Waupaca News
- > Waupaca Real Estate
- > Waupaca Recreation
- > The Waupaca Republican County News Paper Ads in 1875
- > Waupaca Sports
- > Waupaca Weather
Life is a hard battle anyway. If we laugh and sing a little as we fight the good fight of freedom, it makes it all go easier.
I will not allow my life's light to be determined by the darkness around me.
I feel safe even in the midst of my enemies; for the truth is powerful and will prevail.
When I left the house of bondage I left everything behind. I wasn't going to keep nothing of Egypt on me, an' so I went to the Lord an' asked him to give me a new name. And he gave me Sojourner because I was to travel up and down the land showing the people their sins and bein' a sign unto them. I told the Lord I wanted two names 'cause everybody else had two, and the Lord gave me Truth, because I was to declare the truth to the people.