Right to Vote in Free and Open Elections
The issues which today confront the nation are clearly defined and so fundamental as to directly involve the very survival of the Republic. Are we going to preserve the religious base to our origin, our growth and our progress, or yield to the devious assaults of atheistic or other anti-religious forces? Are we going to maintain our present course toward State Socialism with Communism just beyond or reverse the present trend and regain our hold upon our heritage of liberty and freedom?
Our American heritage is threatened as much by our own indifference as it is by the most unscrupulous office or by the most powerful foreign threat. The future of this republic is in the hands of the American voter.
Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption. If it be intelligent, brave, and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature. . . . If the next centennial does not find us a great nation . . . it will be because those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and the morality of the nation do not aid in controlling the political forces.
The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case.
When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers just men who will rule in the fear of God. The preservation of a republican government depends on the faithful discharge of this duty.
That the foundation of our national policy should be laid in private morality. If individuals be not influenced by moral principles, it is in vain to look for public virtue; it is, therefore, the duty of legislators to enforce, both by precept and example, the utility, as well as the necessity, of a strict adherence to the rules of distributive justice.
Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
The people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.
Progress has brought us both unbounded opportunities and unbridled difficulties. Thus, the measure of our civilization will not be that we have done much, but what we have done with that much. I believe that the next half century will determine if we will advance the cause of Christian civilization or revert to the horrors of brutal paganism. The thought of modern industry in the hands of Christian charity is a dream worth dreaming. The thought of industry in the hands of paganism is a nightmare beyond imagining. The choice between the two is upon us.
If men of wisdom and knowledge, of moderation and temperance, of patience, fortitude and perseverance, of sobriety and true republican simplicity of manners, of zeal for the honour of the Supreme Being and the welfare of the commonwealth; if men possessed of these other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of government, we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid and permanent foundation.
- > Home
- > American Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness!
America's Biggest Threats Today!
- > Fiat Money Warnings by World Leaders
- > 11,000 Lobbyists in Washington D.C.
- > Agenda 21 by the United Nations or U.N.
- > American Censorship
- > America's Debt Crisis
- > American Voter Fraud
- > Atheist Communist Leaders Evil Views On God and Religion
- > Biden's Taxes on America Will Soon Be Higher than in Communist Red China!
- > Biden's War on U.S. Energy Independence from the Middle East and Venezuelan Dictators
- > Communist China Is Quickly Passing Up America:
- > China's Artificial Intelligence or AI
- > China's Biological War - The Coronavirus or Covid-19
- > China's Economic Power
- > China's Military Build Up
- > China's Military Space Race
- > China's Rare Earth Elements
- > Gun Legislation, Registration, and Confiscations
- > Marxist Communist Plans to Conquer America Without Ever Firing A Shot!
- > Social Security & Medicare Debt Crisis
- > The Destruction Of Major U.S. Cities, Property & Commerce!
- > The Obstruction of U.S. Federal Laws by Democrat Mayors and Govenors
- > The New Axis of Evil in the World
- > The War on History!
- > Books
- > Conservative World News
- > Contact
- > Drug Legalization Quotes By World Leaders
- > Fiat Money in a Rigged and Fake Capitalist US Economy 1913 to 2019!
- > Our Road To Economic Hell Was Paved For US With Good Intentions, Socialism
- > Who Let the Genie out of the Bottle America?
- > The Biased News Media!
- > War and The Collection and Dissemination of Information!
- > What Size Should the US Government be?
- > Slave Made Products Sold in America?
- > City of Hong Kong Protests Against Communist Chinese Rulers
- > The American Health Care Crisis
- > The American Pharmaceutical Rip Off
- > The Right To Use God's Plants for Pain
- > Freedom For All People
- > Who Has Legal Due Process in America?
- > The American Destroyers!
- > We Reap What We Sow America!
- > One Molecule Different Than Naure!
- > What Happens When Our Freedoms & Property Are Taken Away by Socialist Legislators?
- > American Sports Coliseums Paid For By US Taxpayers!
- > Lets Back America's Money With Natural Resources!
- > Education
- > Entertainment
- > Life
- > Politics
- > Science
- > Theology
- > Truth
Waupaca, Wi Information
- > Waupaca WI Books
- > Waupaca Classified Ads
- > Waupaca Employment
- > Waupaca Entertainment
- > Waupaca Events
- > Waupaca, Gifts & Memorabilia
- > Waupaca Hotels, Motels, & Lodging
- > Waupaca Maps
- > Waupaca Menominee Indian History
- > Waupaca News
- > Waupaca Real Estate
- > Waupaca Recreation
- > The Waupaca Republican County News Paper Ads in 1875
- > Waupaca Sports
- > Waupaca Weather
- > Chain O' Lakes Video Tour
- > Chain O' Lakes in Fall
- > Chain O' Lakes in Winter
- > Chain O' Lakes in Spring
- > Chain O' Lakes in Summer
- > Deer On Columbia Lake Ice Video
- > Emmons Creek
- > Emmons Creek Video
- > Hartman Creek State Forest
- > Micelaneous Landscape Photos
- > Neon Lighted Beer Signs
- > Sunrising over Limekiln Lake
- > Radley & Murry Creeks
- > Sasha The Great! Photos & Videos
- > Sasha Running Laps Around Rock Garden
- > Sasha in Deep Snow Video!
- > Skunk & Foster Lake Trail Tour
- > Turkeys in Waupaca, WI Video
- > Sunrise & Sunset Photos
- > Waupaca or Tomorrow River
- > Waupaca Farm Photos